B: We can offer a superior product at the same price as our competitors’ product.
A: Please explain it.
B: You see, compared with competing product, ours is smaller and lighter. Besides, it’s easier to operate.
B: The design is cute and colorful. Teenagers would like it.
B: We guarantee its quality, we strongly recommend this product, I’m sure you’ll be pleased with it. 我们保证起质量。我们强力推荐这种产品,我相信您一定会满意的。
A: Remember we only handle the best products.
B: We always sell the best.
2
A: Hello, my name is Jill. I’m with Natural Health Food Limited. May I have a few minutes of your time to let you know about a few of our newest products.
您好!我是天然食品公司的 Jill ,我可否用几分钟向您介绍我们的新产品?
B: I’m sorry, I really don’t have time for this. I don’t use health food anyway.
对不起,我没有时间而且我也不需要购买健康食品。
A: But, it’s pretty new. It’s not food, it’s vitamin. The vitamin has only been available in tablet form for about the last five years and it’s just starting to catch on now.
可是,这是新产品。它不是食品,而是维生素。虽然大概从 5 年前开始,这种维生素就以药丸形式面世,而近年来才流行开来。
B: How much does it cost?
怎么买?
A: A bottle of a hundred tablets cost two hundred dollars, which is only two dollars a tablet.
100 粒瓶装的 200 美金,也就是说每粒 2 美金。
B: Well, you’re convinced me, I’ll take one bottle to try it. How long does it take before I notice a difference? 好的,您说的也有道理。我买一瓶试试。但要多久才见成效?
A: You could notice the change in as little as a week, but for most people it takes about a month.
最快一周,但大部分人则需要一个月的时间
B: Okay, well I’ll try it and see if it works.
好的,我试试看成效如何吧。
A: Thank you, here’s your vitamins and a copy of our catalogue in case anything else catches your eye. I usually make the rounds about once a month, so you can tell me how the vitamins are working when I need stop by.
谢谢,这是您的维生素和给您参考的产品目录。我通常一个月来一次,所以您下次可以告诉我成效如何。
B: Ok. I’ll see you then.
好的,到时见。
3.
A: Hello. May I help you find something today?
欢迎光临,需要点什么?
B: Yes.I am interested in buying a new putter.
是的。我想买一把新的推杆。
A: Our golf equipment is located right over there. I know of one putter that most women like if you would like to see that particular one.
我们的高尔夫球具在那边。您愿意看的话,我知道有一把推杆是大多数女士喜欢的。
B: Sure, I’ll take a look.
当然,我来看看。
A: Are you concerned more with appearance, weight, feel……………?
您比较注重的是外形,重量还是手感呢?
B: I like a putter that looks and feels good.
我喜欢那种看起来握起来都很好的推杆。
A: Well, I think you’ll really like this one then.
那好,我想您一定会喜欢我说的这一把。
4.
A: How does your banking compare to other banks as far as interest rates?
你们的银行业务利率来说,更别的银行比较起来如何?
B: Our bank always offers rates equal to the government rate.
我们银行的利率和政府的利率一样。
A: Is that standard procedure for most banks?
是不是大多数的银行都是这样的利率?
B: Actually, our interest rates are considerably higher than most other banks.
实际上。我们的利率比大部分别家的银行来讲,要高很多。
A: How about service charges? 服务费呢?
B: We have several different checking accounts you can choose from. Your needs determine our service charges.
我们有好几种不同的支票账户供您选择。我们是依照您的需要来决定我们的服务费用。
A: Let me read over these different types of accounts and get back to you.
让我先把你们各种不同的账户看过一篇,然后再跟您讨论。